AS


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A sense of humour and a mug of coffee

My life so far has been a roller coaster ride, for the most part I have enjoyed it tremendously. But you know how it is, its the sad bits that linger in the memory most often and there was a time when I used to be weighed down by those 'milestone' days as I used to call it. Thankfully I have been blessed with a great sense of humour and boy, doesn't it make a world of a difference when you find reasons to literally laugh out loud.

Laughter can turn around even the worst possible day, no matter what hits you if you can smile about it, I assure you even the worst circumstance seem to feel lighter and more concurable. My son refers to me as his crazy mother who always makes him laugh... I am glad that I can teach him to lighten up a little, to realise that situations are not too adverse that you cant see the funny side to it. I live by this philosophy no matter what is going wrong I will always find time to atleast smile if not laugh a little... trust me you will feel a whole lot better when you relax those tense facial expressions and ease that frown.

The second thing I think is man's greatest invention is that must have mug of coffee! I must confess I am a hopeless coffee addict. If I don't get my daily dose of caffeine, I am irritable, moody and down right rude. I love my coffee time, be it at home with bleary eyes early morning, in the office over a heated meeting, in a coffee house having mad conversation with friends or a terribly flirtatious moment with someone who has taken your fancy. That mug of coffee can lend to any moment in life and I just love it to bits. It keeps me sane and on a natural high and guess what, thats how I manage my daily dose of humour.

Dont you just hate to see grumpy faces? gosh, look what the cat dragged in I would say, or whats up with that dude... so think about it when you frown or pout too much, someone might just be tearing your mood to bits.... from today, lighten up a tad bit and don't let the stress of life get you to that place where you have forgotten how to laugh or make someone else laugh.

I would rather die without my sense of humour and I can't imagine my life without that daily dose of coffee! The two things that keep my spirits alive and kicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment