AS


Monday, April 18, 2011

Re-born and Renewed

For years I struggled with insecurities
The repercussions of making wrong choices
It didn't matter much when I was soaring above the rest
But once my wings were clipped 
it was a whole different story
My thoughts were all a jumbled mess
Constantly looking for happiness in a bottle
Living for the day, hoping for a better tomorrow


I didn't realize I was on a head on collision with disaster
Not just once but over and over again
I managed to find myself in the spotlight of trouble
It was almost like I had become someone else
While the real me was hiding away in the shadows

Lost in a surreal world, stuck in a time warp
Try as I might I just couldn't pull my self out
Worn out and frustrated I called out to you
screaming 'I have had enough, lord get me out of this shit'
Within a few days my entire world changed
Old familiar bond restored, superficial bonds blown to smithereens
I couldn't grasp what was happening, so many changes 

I felt a panic like I was losing control 
But I chose not to fight it

For once in my life I stood on the side lines and watched 

Something you had done for many years
I was coming back, slowly but steadily back to my lost self
I hadn't been me in so long and it felt so good
Just soaking up the reality I took a deep breath
I thanked God for finally putting me back on track
I finally found peace and a reason to smile from within

A sensation that had eluded me for almost an eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment