AS


Friday, February 11, 2011

Isn't it ironic, do you think?

You put me on cloud nine for quite a while
Nothing seemed to matter when I held your hand
No strings attached was a bad idea from the start
We had different views on what that meant
I craved for you but you took things to the extreme
Multi tasked, abused my trust, broke my heart and left me wounded
My world crashed around me, I could bearly speak
I called out to you but you were long gone

It took me awhile to get it together
My shattered heart finally healed
But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't hate you
You always remained close to my heart
A good friend and confidant
Years went by many miles between us
Our lives have changed our paths running parallel
Never to meet again at any crossroad

You are back in my space, I don't think you ever fully left
But your renewed interest comes a moment too late
My hearts closed up my mind is blank
No feelings left, just nightmares of a past I'd rather forget
Seeing you again brought back good memories, it also brought back the pain
No more drama I say. I can't do this again
You want me now but I don't feel the same
I don't think I ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment