AS


Monday, March 14, 2011

Jekyll and Hyde

When I met you I was young and naive
You had that twinkle in your eye, Oh! I was so mesmerised
We chatted for hours, swapped stories and laughed till morning
I took in every word, cherished every moment of that day
Yes, It was a little past 3am when I fell hopelessly in love with you

You made me smile, you wiped away my tears
You were my rock, a little shaky but firm enough to withstand the storms
Every moment spent with you was an adventure
Nothing ever bordered on boredom, life was one big party
You accepted me for who I was, no rules, no bullshit 
I felt so free yes, you could say I was addicted

Years went by, we weathered many storms
Oppositions were aplenty but, I thought we grew strong
I was in it for keeps I thought you were too
Never believed a word I heard 
How could I? You lived there right inside me
A ticking time bomb waiting to explode

I woke up one morning to the harsh reality that you were gone
In your place was this man I hardly recognised
Little did I realise how destructive you were
Heartless to the core, a real Jekyll and Hyde
Before I knew it you ripped out my heart
Sent it splattering to the floor in a million pieces
You broke me down to nothingness, until I could stand no more

My world crashed around me, my home fell apart
The family I knew was no more
Sadness and depression engulfed me but, you moved on
Your head held high your ego full on
I loved you from the very depths of my being
I had promised to never let anyone hurt you ever again
I guess that's why it was so very hard

I thought I could save you from the world, 
I didn't realize I couldn't save you from yourself
Your insecurities were just too strong
You were blinded by lust that became a hopeless habit
There was no turning back
You broke my spirit and my belief in love
You gave up on us
How can you love one minute and hate the next?
I will never understand
I believed in you till the very end, perhaps I didn't know you well

No comments:

Post a Comment