AS


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lone-star

I was drawn to you the moment I saw you
You had a way about you that still makes me smile

A little bit of naughty mixed with nice
So gentle, so calm so set in your ways
I felt instantly secure when you were near, its amazing
Through the years we have remained connected

Seen each other through many ups and downs
Not in each others face too often just a safe distance away
Can't believe that we have managed to stay this way



Sometimes when I am alone staring into the night sky 
The stillness of the dark night and that one lone star 
Reminds me so much of you
You make your way through life alone
So rooted in your ways 
Ambitious, determined to get ahead
Your life so well mapped out
Each milestone achieved on time
You work like clock work
Managing every visible aspect of life so well

If only you would break those walls of self sufficiency
The ones you have so carefully built over the years
You don't need to be so cold, its ok to feel
Understand that not everyone is out to hurt you
Many times I have seen you at that emotional crossroad
A little step closer and you would cross that boundary
But you always beat a hasty retreat
Leaving me confused and scared as you are

We don't talk for months on end
Then suddenly its like a rush for attention
I don't understand what it is we share
Its dysfunctional and bizarre
I'd rather not try to figure this out
I've learnt to accepted the limits and enjoy the moments 
I feel it in my bones that you will be around for awhile
Here within my space, but emotionally a little out of reach

I try to be devoid of emotion, I don't want to scare you away
I'm just glad you are here in your own special way
At times I want to reach out to you
But then I back away 
Thus far and no further
Why spoil what we have and end up bitter
This is who you are, it took me a while to understand you 
The lone-star radiating light mixed with the warning signs to keep away

No comments:

Post a Comment